Friday 8 May 2020

LEGO Black Seas Barracuda (Set 6285) Time-lapse Build


      I had the house to myself and full use of the kitchen table for the day so recorded a time-lapse build of this classic set. Turned out pretty okay I think!

     
   Took a few breaks in between but overall was about 2.5 to 3 hours roughly to complete. Luckily (nearly) all pieces were accounted for, though I did have to run off to superglue some broken flag clips at one point.

     Black Seas Barracuda (set 6285) is a great vintage Lego Pirates set from back in the day and was first released in 1989! I had it on a shelf at my mum’s place in Japan for ages and a few years ago whilst I was over there I took it apart and washed it (as it was absolutely caked in dust) and ordered some replacement parts from Bricklink that were missing. Fast forward a few years later and my mum shipped all my old stuff over and this set was all in there in some Ziploc bags.

     I don’t have the original box or instructions but nearly everything was in great condition as you can see. Props to Jazz for the Pirates of the Caribbean piano cover – taken from a recording from about 12 years ago.

     I plan on doing at least one more time-lapse build soon (Rock Island Refuge - Set 6273) but as I have a bunch of other unbuilt Lego sets in the loft may eventually do some others – time and space permitting.


8th May 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment