Tuesday 5 May 2020

Video Editing Again - Imma Finish That Clip!

      Once upon a time I used to enjoy editing videos. In fact some of the very first posts on this blog are to do with some of AMV/music videos that I edited. Just had a quick look on youtube and the Threat Signal one I did has 288k views! It was from 12 years ago though.

      Anyway, as I am currently having a lot of ‘home time’ I have finally got round to sorting all the footage and photos from our holdiay in Japan back in October 2018. The plan was to make a video of the trip, however my old MacBook Pro had finally given up the ghost soon after. I eventually got a replacement laptop but we moved house, all the footage got put on a hard drive somewhere and the project never took shape. Well now’s the time to do it!

      I also remember my old Mac was running Snow Leopard and had the old iMovie HD which I used to use for quick editing all the time. I had even played around a bit with a bootleg Final Cut. However I remember the new OSX iMovie was really different (Sierra I think) and I got frustrated by it. It wouldn’t even let me add photos in with my clips. And now I spent today on the iMovie version that comes with Mojave on my new MacBook. Yeah, it’s rudimentary as hell but it’ll get the job done. I’ve done about 10 minutes of the clip so far so the end result will probably be around half an hour.

      So the clip should be done in another day or two – if I am able to put it on youtube then I will do so however as I am using licensed tracks for the backing music so it may not be able to stay up. I’m not sure as I haven’t uploaded anything to youtube in forever and I don’t know what the bots are capable of.

      This project will likely be one off for video editing but I am considering picking up many other things that I have left behind in recent times: Lego photography, dancing, skating, fiction writing – it’s a shame to have let it go and you only live one life so get imma back on it! First thing's first - let's get this clip done!


5th May 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment