Thursday 7 May 2020

Japan Video Done!


       So I finished that Japan clip that I was on about and have uploaded it to YouTube. As expected nearly all the music was flagged for copyright straight away but as I don’t monetize I don’t have to remove any of the tracks so that’s all good.

      If you want to take a look you can do so HERE, however please note it is just under half an hour long so make sure you are comfy if you do plan on watching it all.

      In terms of editing, it took about two days of work. Though not overly complex it took time sorting through everything, trimming the video clips and fixing the Ken Burns’ manually on over a hundred photos. As mentioned before, I edited using iMovie and although it is rudimentary and clunky at times if you are keeping it simple you can just chuck stuff in there and it works. Granted the Ken Burns effect on photos seems randomised so I did manually tweak every one to my liking as well as have to colour correct the whole thing.

      Some things that did impress me was that iPhone Live photos (if previously put on a loop or bounce and exported as a gif) can be just dropped in there and they will act as little animated clips. So you will see a couple of those in there. I also took some time-lapses with the iPhone and those turned out well. Some footage was recorded on an old digital camera and the image stabilizing function in iMovie was essential in making those clips actually useable.

      I know I said I wouldn’t likely be editing much more stuff but I did record and edit a lego build time-lapse today, so that video will also be up shortly. More on that tomorrow!


7th May 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment