Wednesday 14 September 2011

Week in Review


Aaaaaargh!!!

A noise signalling annoyance and frustration at my inability to keep to my schedule and maintain a harshly disciplined writing regime.

It’s often been the case where on certain days “I just don't feel like it”, “can’t be bothered” and more frequently, “Its okay, I’ll just do two tomorrow instead to make up for it” crop up all too often. Curse you blog!!!

Some people can just sit and write, more often than not its just inane blathering crap that's just not interesting to anyone whatsoever except the writer themselves. I know I need to stick to the principle of “just write” but at the same time I have the urge to temper this with a compromise to ensure some semblance of quality in the resulting text.

My compromise is that I can read over what I have done once and once only before posting it up, leading to a relatively untouched piece being presented, albeit without stupid spelling mistakes, (relatively) good grammar and the actual content being at least half interesting to read.

Even though this post itself is just me just spouting blathering crap in an attempt to make up at least 300 words… oh well!

To be fair I have been coming out of ‘holiday time’ recently and more into ‘work time’ and a lack of a regular schedule does hinder me. Some people might recommend a set time slot each day in which to write but I’m afraid that just doesn't work for me (unless I am paid for doing it – that's another matter entirely!). As well as the aforementioned irregular work schedule, the idea of having a specific hour in which you are forced to write just doesn't work for me.

The idea of having to slog out some writing when you really don't want to and your heart is not in it is really counterproductive to where I want to end up – that is to genuinely enjoy the daily writing process.

I also want to get back into more fiction again – even though there is a time and place for that and which will not be uploaded to this blog – just to let you know.

Anyways, time to regroup, refocus and come back out, guns blazing.

“You can do it, Nicky! You can dooooooooo iiiiiiiiit!!!!!”…


13 Sep 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment